Monday, November 16, 2009

Pattinson Not Interested in Action Blockbuster


Twilight star Robert Pattinson has ruled out the idea of signing up to a blockbuster action movie – because he has no desire to cash in on his popularity.

The hunk has become a megastar since landing the role of vampire Edward Cullen in the hugely successful Twilight franchise, but he insists he’s most content portraying “weirdos” in independent films.He tells Vanity Fair magazine, “There’s no point (doing an action blockbuster) – I mean, I don’t have any material desires at all. I wear the same clothes every single day. I don’t buy anything. And I don’t go out anymore either!”Instead, Pattinson has chosen a low-budget Western based on the book Bel-Ami by Guy de Maupassant as his next movie project, playing a man who “thinks like an animal” and “just rips off and screws over all of his friends”.He says, “(When you play a weirdo), you can always have an excuse… ‘He’s a weirdo!’”

Source

1 comment:

starfire09 said...

I swear Rob is such a bullshitter. I believe he could sellswamp land in Florida to Donald Trump!

Seriously... NEVER would I believe for a moment that he does not want to be successful and famous as an actor. Why is he an actor if that's the case? Yeah and he wears the same clothes every day and doesn't buy anything new, yada yada yada. That's such bs!

Personally I hope he does do a blockbuster soon, because it isn't only that you make money at those type of films, but you also gain other things such as working with really talented people, that often turn into good friendships IMO.
Working on the biggies also help an actor hone their own acting skills and if the b.b. movie is successful they will be sought after by a whole lot more producers/directors for their films as compared to making low budget or weirdo type films.

I don't buy this at all and I think he once again was pulling our legs.