Monday, November 2, 2009

'Twilight' star Pattinson Says He and Stewart just 'Good Friends'

Here's three sources of the story but it's all over the internet and basically the same read:



Matt Frisch, CNN
November 2, 2009 3:05 p.m. EST

Robert Pattinson says that rumors of a love affair between him and Kristen Stewart are just that -- rumors

(CNN) -- Robert Pattinson would like to set the record straight, once and for all, on any supposed romantic link between him and his "Twilight" co-star Kristen Stewart.

They are really just "good friends," Pattinson said in a recent interview with Vanity Fair, but that's it -- and he finds rumors to the contrary frustrating.

"It doesn't make any difference what you say [to the tabloids]," said Pattinson. "I've literally been across the country [from Kristen], and it's like 'Oh, they were on secret dates!' It's like 'Where? I can't get out of my hotel room!' "

Stewart told the magazine she also finds the stories about the two of them infuriating.

"We're characters in this comic book," she said.

Still, "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke told the magazine that the two actors shared an unmistakable chemistry on set.

"What Rob and Kristen had is a multitude of feelings for each other," said Hardwicke. "Complex feelings for each other. It was what we needed. Complex, intense fascination."

In the Vanity Fair interview, to appear in the magazine's December issue, Pattinson talked about his relationship with Stewart, as well as reservations he had early on in his acting career. The second movie in the series about teen vampires and forbidden love, "The Twilight Saga: New Moon," comes out November 20.

Pattinson said there was a point before "Twilight" where he almost gave up on acting completely.

"I was going to all these auditions and telling everyone how I got fired [from a play in London's West End] because I stood up for my principles. ... I kind of went nuts for a while," said Pattinson.

He couldn't land another job, stopped talking to his agent, and began performing with a guitar in bars.

But after receiving a role in a BBC thriller called "The Haunted Airman," in which Pattinson appeared in a wheelchair and got to act like "a weirdo," his outlook changed. "I just changed my whole opinion about everything," he said, noting he was more willing to go for broke.

Although it may seem now that Pattinson was born to play Edward Cullen, the brooding lead vampire in the movie franchise, director Hardwicke said the studio had doubts about casting him in the lead role.

"They called me up and they literally said, 'Catherine, do you think you can make this guy look good?' " the director told Vanity Fair contributing editor Evgenia Peretz.

"So I said, 'Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to get his hair back to a different color, do a different style. He would work with a trainer from now on. My cinematographer is great with lighting. He will study the cheekbones, and I promise you, we'll make the guy look good.' "

Peretz said Pattinson comes across as self-deprecating and still coming to terms with fame. As he told her, "I'm trying not to drown."

"I guess I'm not the type of guy cut out to do a franchise," he added. "I'm not much of a crowd person."

The December issue of Vanity Fair hits newsstands in New York and Los Angeles on November 4 and nationally on November 10.

Source

MTV.com:

Robert Pattinson hasn't left the spotlight since he was cast as Edward Cullen in the "Twilight" flicks. And the rumor that doesn't seem to want to die is the one that has him paired with Kristen Stewart. Pattinson insists he's not dating his co-star, but that doesn't mean people won't keep trying to hook them up.

"It doesn't make any difference what you say [to the tabloids]," he says in the December issue of Vanity Fair, on newsstands November 4 in New York and Los Angeles. "I've literally been across the country [from Kristen], and it's like, 'Oh, they were on secret dates!' It's like, 'Where? I can't get out of my hotel room!' "

Stewart also laughs off the rumors in the issue, adding, "It's so retarded. We're characters in this comic book."

Pattinson continued that he and Stewart are "good friends." "I think she's the best young actress around," he said. "She's influenced how I've done all the 'Twilight' stuff. It's quite nice to have someone who is genuinely indifferent to the whole spectacle of everything."

He went on to talk about his fame and how being in the "Twilight" franchise is sometimes overwhelming, making his life completely different than it was before he signed on. Before "Twilight," he admits, he had spent his time "getting drunk for a year." "I was going to all these auditions and telling everyone how I got fired [from a play in London's West End] because I stood up for my principles, and making up all this bullsh--," he said. "I kind of went nuts for a while." He added that he would play his guitar in bars because "no one gave a sh--when you got up onstage."

Despite thinking that he looks like "a cartoon character," he said he went into the "Twilight" audition "a little more brazen than I would have been in a normal audition." "I was still in the mode thinking, I've got to make this really, really serious. This is not just a sexy thing. ... I was slamming my head against the wall and kind of going nuts," he said. "I remember calling my parents and saying, 'That's it. I'm not doing this anymore.' And then hearing, 'OK, fine,' which was not the answer I wanted to hear at all."

Pattinson wasn't the only one doubting he could tackle the role. The studio also wasn't sure he was right for the part, according to "Twilight" director Catherine Hardwicke. " 'Catherine, do you think you can make this guy look good?' " Hardwicke recalled being asked. "So I said, 'Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to get his hair back to a different color, do a different style. He would work with a trainer from now on. My cinematographer is great with lighting. He will study the cheekbones, and I promise you, we'll make the guy look good.' "

Now, of course, instead of concentrating on how to make it, Pattinson is trying to keep fame from becoming too much for him to handle. "I'm trying not to drown," he said. "I guess I'm not the type of guy cut out to do a franchise. I'm not much of a crowd person."

Source

The Examiner
November 2, 12:43 PM Michele Johansen

It's November, which means that tweens, teens, and millions of moms are gearing up for the release of The Twilight Saga: New Moon. The film, the second installment in the Twilight phenomenom, is set to hit theaters on November 20 and the publicity blitz has officially commenced: Robert Pattinson is on the cover of the latest issue of Vanity Fair, gazing at the camera in his typically sexy fashion. Can it get any better? Yes, if you read the interview. In it, fans get a glimpse into Pattinson's hotel room living style (think hard partying rocker) and also an answer about his relationship with rumored love and costar, Kristen Stewart (denials, of course).

Interviewed by Evgenia Peretz, Pattinson clearly attempts to dispel any illusion that he is Edward Cullen, although he does it without saying so directly. He falls back on his self-depracating humor and points out his flaws ("One of his legs is longer than the other, which he claims makes him look like 'an idiot.'"). He thinks he looks like a "cartoon character," a thought that his fans would surely dismiss, unless he was refering to Adonis.

One surprising revelation that comes out in the interview is that Pattinson is apparently quite the slob. Based on the description of his hotel room, it sounds like Pattinson is a rocker with a partying streak who enjoys trashing suites (which we know is not the case!). According to Peretz, his room at the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego is "littered today with beer bottles, old scrambled eggs, a half-eaten Twix bar, and a dirty pair of jeans on the living-room floor." Pattinson notices the mess and apologizes, claiming that he is usually self-conscious about such matters.

The topic that everyone wants to know about, however, is his romance with onscreen love, Kristen Stewart. Since Twilight came out, rumors have run rampant about the pair. "Are they or aren't they?" The tabloids have them in love, living together, engaged, and breaking up every week. Gossip sites claim they are holed up in hotel rooms around the country or in Vancouver, where Eclipse recently filmed, because they are mobbed in public by paparazzi. The two are rarely seen together, which only increases the frenzied speculation over their relationship. So what's the deal?

“It doesn’t make any difference what you say [to the tabloids]. I’ve literally been across the country [from Kristen], and it’s like ‘Oh, they were on secret dates!’ It’s like ‘Where? I can’t get out of my hotel room!’ ” says Pattinson, shooting down reports that the two are a couple. That doesn't mean the two aren't attracted to one another, though. Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke said, “What Rob and Kristen had is a multitude of feelings for each other. Complex feelings for each other. It was what we needed. Complex, intense fascination.”

You can read the entire interview in Vanity Fair, which will be available nationwide on November 10. In the meantime, you can check out their website for a slideshow of photographs of Pattinson taken by VF photographer Bruce Webber (you don't want to miss these!).

Source

1 comment:

starfire09 said...

But of course it's already started. Certain gossip mags are claiming that Rob and Kristen did this interview several months ago, and because they have currently been seen. out and about having dinner. attending concerts, getting 'cozy,' that things have changed. That's what they always say! The Robsten believers are at the forefront as well.
I'll tell you what's changed. Robert and Kristen have finally denied that they are a couple and this is not gonna sell the gossip mags as much as it would, if they hadn't of said anything.
Think about it.